The Real Me

The Real Me

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 17


An interesting day. Painted some on location in a restaurant in Woods Hole (painting to follow - not ready to share yet!) and then some in the gallery, too. Started a sample house portrait (yes, I must tend to the business side of art as well as the "just for the fun of it" part). Interesting, in that I am painting over a partially painted canvas, and some of the lines are lining up just right, at least at this point. The first painting on the canvas was an open window, overlooking Sippewissett Marsh, and the second is my old home in Gettysburg, the one that still feels like "home" in my heart in many ways. I don't mean to say that Cape Cod isn't home - it certainly is - but as far as houses are concerned, this one was very special. Life IS interesting, isn't it? xo

No comments: