The Real Me

The Real Me

Monday, August 12, 2013

Trusting the Muse

It happened.  The muse rushed in, just when I was doubting my ability.

It was a commission painting.  I had the entire thing done, except for the figures, and I was afraid I would mess it up.

Sat down, took, pencils in hand.  And it just happened.  As if they painted themselves.

There is no rush in this world to compare.  When the muse shows up, and takes over, it is as if we are being guided by something much larger than our own self.  Call it Spirit, God, whatever you wish.  I just know it when I feel it.  And it is, I believe, the very essence of what us creative folks live for... hope for... pursue with all our hearts.

I have set a goal for myself this week of completing the first blush of edits on my novel to get me far enough that on August 15, just three days from now, I can start sending out query letters to agents.  It's a massive undertaking to do in such a short time, but I've found that I work best under a short pressure deadline.  Because I have to.  Because I am far more likely to surrender, say "oh help me please" to my muses, and allow for the magic to happen.  So whoever is out there listening... let's go!

wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to all.

Mimi

No comments: