The Real Me

The Real Me

Monday, July 29, 2013

On denim...

Denim has always inspired me.

I surround myself with the color.  I've longed for years for a denim couch.  I find it soothing.  Comfortable.  To the touch, and to the eye.

Memories of my teenage years, hanging out at the barn after school with my horse.  Denim was my uniform.

It remains my favorite thing to wear when I paint.  It even appears in what I consider to be my signature piece - my business card image - my favorite most personal painting.

I've often thought that if ever I marry again, it will be on a beach, wearing a favorite pair of faded jeans, a white t-shirt, and a fabulous veil.    First things first - I need to find a groom.  I wonder if I can find one of those in denim?

When Evana did my "fashion fang-shui" analysis, she pronounced me as predominantly water element, with a hint of wood.  The color of water, and the natural fabric construction of the wood element.

It's me.  What can I say?   When I finish my novel edits, find an agent, who finds a publisher, and then the book tour, perhaps I will allow myself to wear denim.  And a black tank type, or silk blouse, or v-neck sweater.  Pearls.  No veil.

The painting is titled "The Real Me."  And that's who I continue to work on becoming.  Authentic.  True to my core.  On the inside and on the outside.

Truly blue.  Truly Mimi.

Truly yours.





No comments: