The Real Me

The Real Me

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 20


1/5 of the way to 100. That's truly amazing. Just completed a GREAT evening of painting. And a little proof that the daily commitment makes all the difference.

It's a quiet Sunday evening after a very social day. My plan was to work on organizing what I am now referring to as "the messy room" - a room with a door that closes it off to the public, so I have allowed myself to toss stuff in there without worrying about it having a "right place". But I needed to put in a little bit of painting time, so stopped by the easel for what I thought would be "briefly." Then the thought ran through my head of "if I am truly committed to being a successful artist, what is the best use of my time right now?!" Well, I'm happy to say that I just completed TWO HOURS of painting, straight through. To that, I simply say... YES (and thank you, God.) Here is what I did... more work on the NH stream. LOTS of dots of foliage. Please refer back to day 16 if you want to see an earlier stage of this same painting. So fun!!!!!!!! xo

No comments: